Thread: Dates
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2021, 08:45 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree City View Post
I date my page, but I also do something similar to Aussiegirl. All LO fiile names start with YYYY-MM and then the actual "title" of my page. If I know the exact date, then I include that top. So a LO about Christmas Eve 2017 would be named 2017-12-Dec24_Christmas_Eve_presents (or whatever the page is about). I print albums I call "Remember This" series: they aren't in chronological order. They're just whatever LOs I've finished recently. So having the date ON the page is super helpful for those albums. But having my file names include dates helps me organize my pages in digital form. I hope it makes looking at them in the future easier (not to be morbid, but I'm thinking about when I'm not around to share info about the pages).
If I know the exact date for the layout then I use "yearmoda description" so it sorts correctly. Using your example, I would call it "20171224 Presents". If I had food photos for the same day then that would be "20171224 Food". If I don't know the date or even the month I'll use something like "1989 Summer Bateman" which would have been the Bateman family during summer of 1989.

I like having dates in file names and also like keeping them as short as possible!