View Single Post
Old 10-16-2022, 02:40 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default Do you make Halloween costumes for your kiddos?

When my son was smaller, one of our favorite things was planning what he was going to be for Halloween. Since I made all his costumes, we would spend time right after his birthday, which was in August, talking about what he thought would be fun and what I had the imagination and skill to pull off. A lot of time, thought and giggles went into his costumes.

I think the most creative one we ever did was a school zone sign that actually flashed. He won a few contest with it and I was stopped numerous times while we were tricker treating by people wanting to know where we had got it. Plus it was pretty safe too. lol

Our biggest fail was a piece of candy corn. It just didn't wow us in the end. Even my dad called it a dud. LOL

Another nice benefit to making the costumes was making them warm enough for an Erie, PA Halloween. Sometimes we had snow!

Finally, it was also fun to pass them on to my cousins' kids. The kids all wanted to wear them. Of course, I lost track of them years ago, but they could still be being used because my younger cousins are still having kids. That's the wonder of a large family, 75 first cousins you all, it never stops growing.

Part of me wishes I had kept them for future grandkids, but another part thinks my son and I will have fun planning with them in the future, so it is all good.

So do you make costumes? If so, I would love to hear about it. What's your process? Favorite and any duds of your own? lol