View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 03:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. Do you also save the zipped files? No. I used to but many became corrupt after a while of having them stored. I stopped doing that years and years ago. Maybe zip files are more stable now, not sure.

2. Do you typically use each kit to make just one page, or multiple uses? As many as possible. I rarely buy a kit that I will use for only one layout. I feel like that is not only a waste of my money, but a waste of the designers' talent. It takes more than one page to really show off a kit and use all the beautiful papers and elements in it.

3. Do you remove kits from your 'database' once they've been used as many times as preferred? No. I don't remove a kit unless I decide down the road that it no longer fits my style or that I just won't use it ever again. When I did CT work I removed kits from my CT folder after I used them the required number of times, but then I just moved them to the general rotation of my files.

4. How do you handle kits that are retired/from retired designers? The only reason I even distinguish this at all is for challenges here. What I do is put a '~' symbol in front of the name of the folder for kits that are current and good to use in challenges. I go through every so often and if a designer has left, I get rid of the symbol in of the file name. Retired kits I treat a little differently since (last I knew anyway, I haven't scrapped much this year) we can use those for challenges still. I add a second ~ in front of the file name if the kit is retired. It is a lot to keep track of though so I know my files are not perfectly up to date. I just try my best and sometimes search the store to check before posting for a challenge.