Thread: QOTD Habits
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 12:29 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
I have really been trying to change my habits this year, one at a time, instead of all at once, per The Flylady's recommendation, and it's working really well so far.
My new habit for January was to start getting up at 5 to read my Bible & pray, and I've stuck with it so far this year.
My February habit was to start walking on the treadmill for half an hour each morning after the kids leave. I HATE exercising, but I've been able to maintain this one because my treadmill a) is directly under the fan and b) has a spot for my Kindle Fire, which I use to watch Brooklyn 99 and forget how bored I am exercising.
Last year I started washing my face every night & using skin care products, as well as putting on serums & sunscreen in the morning.

I have a bad habit of reaching for my phone anytime there is down time, including walking from room to room or while I'm cooking.
And I come home in the afternoons and crash on the couch while my kids do whatever they want; I hate this because they're gone all day & I feel like I should make the most of the time I have with them but i'm just soooo tired (probably because I get up at 5...).
I always forget about FlyLady! I got really into her a few years ago and then just totally fell off the bandwagon!

Do you have an iPhone? One of the latest updates has a bunch of "screen time" settings. They give you the option to have 'downtime' or to lock certain apps and set limits. At the end of the week it tells you how much time you spent on your phone. It really helped me to reign in my mindless usage!