Thread: QOTD Habits
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 12:13 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
How could you stand the strong smell of bleach every day, Wendy? When we get sick, I'd mop the floor using dettol - the disinfectant, my husband would know the smell and he'll cringe. It reminds him of the hospital smell and he hates it.
You know, I never thought about it when we lived there. I just did it. It wasn't until we moved out of the area and I pulled my bottle of bleach out and about died!

I'm off to google dettol because I've never heard of that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
Oh wow! Is there anything else that will keep cockroaches away? That much bleach would definitely give me a migraine!
Honestly, I don't know. When we moved down there, that's what we were told. So I bleached everything once a day to keep them out of the house. We only saw a handful of the "waterbeetle" cockroaches in the three years we lived there. These cockroaches, are large like 2-4 inches in length. Nasty little critters. You could hear them fly around in the night above your head when we first moved there! So we were very good about keeping them out of the house! I didn't like waking up to the girls screaming when they'd land on their heads!

We also had German cockroaches everywhere and every morning there would be pooh all over the counters. So I bleached them before anyone could go in to the kitchen. I have NO idea where they came from because I plugged up the kitchen sink every single night. I was told they came out from behind/under the cabinets. It was gross and I'm not looking forward to the cockroach situation in KY. I'm praying they aren't nearly as bad as they were in GA!

Maybe I should start researching what else I can put on the floors/counters to deter the little critters. In 2013, I started using Young Living's Thieves cleaner and I love it! But it's all natural and I wonder if the critters would hate it enough to not come in my house! Adding that to my long to-do list!