View Single Post
Old 05-31-2020, 02:50 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
Oh man, Wendy, that is quite the week you had. Sure hope this coming wk is better. Nothing major happening in my neck of the woods other than being able to visit Bailey for an hour or so on the wkend now (outside social distancing with masks and gloves b/c of her immune system). That is a huge thing for us though b/c we have missed her like crazy and other than the carehome couple that take care of her, we are the only other people she has in her life. So, I'm so grateful for that now.

But everything else is sucky, no haircuts, shopping still takes forever and a lot of foods not stocked and so many people are not social distancing now so we are trying to be extra careful to stay away from everyone. But we are all healthy and that is what I focus on.

That sucks about the IG spam. I got kicked out of IG awhile back for about a month and then one day it was ok again. I feel your frustration....ugh.
Yay for you to be able to get to visit with her. I guess I just somehow imagined she lived with you. I didn't realize she was elsewhere. But I'm glad you are taking the necessary precautions to see her and she's doing well during this pandemic!

Yuck to stuff being out of stock. I've noticed that with our last grocery trip. We have this long list and half of the stuff we've been unable to get for a couple of weeks! Meat prices have skyrocketed and one of my children has almost gone completely Vegan making it a little challenge to get all of her stuff to maintain this lifestyle change!

I've done several at-home haircuts on my children as our salons are closed. Some of them are actually opening, but they have long wait times/appointments that something will need to be done in the interim. Hopefully this week I can successfully cut all three kids hairs!

I have to order nail trimmers and shavers for our dog because our groomer has been stuck in TX for a couple of months thanks to the virus. I took him to a groomer this past weekend (only the independent ones are opened) and she was scared to cut his nails. He's a small, yappy dog with bad legs so my daughter (the middle) and I are going to try to do it at home because his grinch paws are making him slip/slide all over the ground.

Are you able to take walks with your dog? Or is that something you aren't able to do due to social distancing?