View Single Post
Old 08-04-2020, 12:19 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Ugh, this Pandemic is so hard. We did this in March through May. It was the longest 2 months and still continues somewhat, though now there is more and more opening. (I'm in New Jersey, US).

Initially, we played a lot of games, used Houseparty/Pokerface apps, and zoomed Happy Hours, friend and family visits too. Puzzles, card games and movie nights were also a hit. Walks around our neighborhood was ok, as long as we were distanced. Masks are now required and social distancing is a must. It has helped tremendously, but we have been trending slowly upward in small increments that we are re-tightening our group get togethers and restaurants /gyms are still closed for anything indoor. I hope we stay level at this point.

DH and I both work outside the house and are considered essential (debatable for me in my mind, but I cannot work from home)...Kids did school from home, though I don't think they actually learned anything. I'm worried we will get the next "wave" (for NJ) in September/October.

Don't be too hard on yourself. It's hard. We all deal with this in our own way, and no one way is better than the other. Find happiness daily and remind yourself. Take time to laugh (or cry too).