View Single Post
Old 08-26-2019, 12:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Towards the end of the summer I start to pull out my fall/winter clothes from the storage bins and start to organize my closets and drawers. I pull out the sleeveless tops and shorts/capris as I only wear those when it's super hot out (I tend to tolerate the heat well and almost never get too warm) and things I didn't wear much or really like anymore go into a bag for charity drop-off.

The days are still warm here but the morning and evenings are really cooling off (down to 50's and 60's) so no need for lightweight jammies now so I started pulling those out of the dresser and putting them in the downstairs storage. I just bought a heavy duty clothes rack which I am going to set up in the storage room in the basement for jackets/coats. I have one that is falling apart so this time I made sure I bought a sturdier one. I have a thing about jackets (well, about clothes in general LOL) and have lots so I swap them out seasonally and store them both upstairs and downstairs. I'll wait a few more weeks, after Labor Day wkend, and then will start bring out sweaters.

I have been organizing the kitchen stuff too, I usally go thru the drawers every couple of yrs to see what I haven't been using. Our kitchen is small so I have to be smart about what I keep and if I don't use it much it can go into the dining room but there too I have limited storage.

What I don't organize on a regular basis, but should, is my office and the 2 spare rooms in the basement. They seem to be a catch-all for whatever doesn't fit somewhere else. Over the winter I hope to clean that all out and then organize it so I know what we have and where to find it. We took a truck full of stuff to the city dump on Saturday and it felt good to get rid of old furniture that wasn't even fit for donation and old household stuff. I took a few pics with my phone and can't wait to scrap a page about our day, I even have a title in mind "Stinky Saturday", so that'll be fun LOL.