View Single Post
Old 03-28-2021, 10:43 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree City View Post
Whoa, by 13 months the hinge was breaking/broken? Yikes! Mine was about 4 years, and I do think it was just from use. I used to keep my laptop on the coffee table in the family room so I could scrap while watching TV at night with DH or hanging with the kids during the day. (Like, if they were happily playing I could sneak off to scrap.) So it was constantly being opened and shut. 4 years seemed long to me for the wear and tear I put on it, but barely a year? No way. And the fact they wouldn't look at it again? Not cool.
The one that broke in 13 months was my second HP. The first starting having hinge issues at 2.5 years, and I was able to keep using it until right around 3 years. I would have liked to get longer out of it, but I can live with 3 years. I loved it before the hinge problem, so I tried again and hoped they'd fixed the problem. Didn't work out that way, LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaM View Post
I've only ever had Dell's or HP's...and have loved them both. The current Dell I'm replacing is just over 4 years old. I probably could use it for a little longer but I've issued with it after Windows updates. I'd actually hoped to use for a lot longer since I do have a bit of an emotional attachment to it. I know it's only a computer but I bought it about a month and half before my Dad passed away. He helped pick it out. I sat in his apartment one Saturday transferring all of my data over to it (with his running commentary). I'd use the Dell to work from his apartment one day a week to help out him and my step-mom and I'd also stay with him on Saturday mornings and I'd usually be scrapping at kitchen island. He'd sit on the other side and offer suggestions and critiques to what I was doing...so I'm rather attached to the laptop.
I would be attached, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaM View Post
I just wanted to thank everyone for their advice. After trying some at Best Buy, I ended up going with a Dell Inspiron 700 2 in 1. The color on it is AMAZING! I've just finished setting everything up on it and transferring all my data over. Now I'd like to try some scrapping on it.
That's great. So glad you were able to return the Asus and find something with better color!

Last edited by rach3975; 03-28-2021 at 10:48 PM.