View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 09:48 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyxann View Post
I need to figure out how to get Kennedy off the bottle. She's only 13 months but I have a feeling it's going to be difficult.

How did you do it?
A few months ago we replaced his "wake up" bottle with a sippy cup. He was confused at first but went with it b/c we added a yogurt drink to the milk!!

Up until the other day, he still got a bottle for naptime and bedtime. We just took it away cold turkey!! We did make sure he had a pretty good snack and sippy of milk about 30-45 minutes before bedtime. He did cry for a few minutes when hubby put him to bed the first night but only for a few minutes....naptime and bedtime last night couldn't have gone more perfectly. He never fussed....nothing!!!! We noticed he ate A LOT more yesterday b/c he didn't have about 16-18 ozs of milk to fill up on!!!! YAY for eating!!!

My boys never took a paci so I have never had to worry about that. We tried everything to get them to take one (doctor expecially wanted two of our preterm boys to take one) but they wanted nothing to do with one after 2 months. We always said once they started walking the paci would have to go but thankfully we never had to make that decision! LOL They decided for us they didn't want them.

Good luck!! I think Kennedy is doing great! Our doctor would like to see the bottle gone by 18 months so she is fine! LOL