View Single Post
Old 01-09-2021, 10:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
After the insanity of 2020, you'd think I'd learn not to hope for anything, lol, but I can't help it. Hoping is in my nature. That's how I always think of goal setting, as having hope. So anyway, anybody else hopeful about things you'll accomplish or change in the new year?

I kept my goals simple and practical:
1. Keep the house clean. (This is really a challenge with everybody at home ALL.THE.TIME.)
2. Stay up to date on my grading. (I had a trillion papers to grade over holidays which caused me a lot of unnecessary stress.)
3. Spend 30 minutes every day learning Tagalog. (I've lived here for 8 years already, and while I understand it, I am terrible at speaking.)

Ten days in and I'm improving on keeping the house clean. Once we start back to school, I'll focus on the other two.
I really need to work on my housekeeping skills. The house work gets pushed aside because there are so many other things going on and I have a hard time letting go of my small amount of time to relax each day. I need to get rid of a LOT of things in order to make the process of keeping the house clean easier!