Thread: Camping...
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2014, 11:12 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristijoy View Post
We are the 'go to a beautiful place in nature, car camp, and hike' type. I love national parks. I'm not so much for the find a big reservoir with motor boats and lots of people drinking beer.

In a few weeks we are going to the Calavaras Big Tree State Park here in California with monstrous sequoias. I am so excited. We are taking all of my son's small class at his school (6 boys & their parents). Then we'll stay an extra night and do some more hiking.

I usually cook dinner on the coleman propane stove (I like instant gratification and don't want to wait for coals to heat up to eat.) But, on my list though, to try this year are some of these desserts! 10 Campfire Desserts I especially want to try the banana one!

One of the things on my bucket list for when my son is older: take a road trip and car camp through the southwest. And another trip up to see Mount Rushmore! OH...and if possible I really really want to backpack someday and really get out in the woods.
I've tried the banana dessert. I get a bunch of stuff to put in them...marshmallow, choc chips, peanut butter chips, butterscotch chips...sooo yummy!!