View Single Post
Old 02-07-2020, 08:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What in your life do you celebrate?
We celebrate the normal things...holidays, birthdays, anniversaries. Sometimes though, we'll celebrate something totally out of the ordinary like successes.
Do you have a celebration that stands out in your memory?
Nothing super memorable off the top of my head. We typically do something fairly small for birthdays, holidays are the standard family chaos. Usually our celebrations include food, cake and some outdoor activity.

Celebrating means cake to me, does it to you? Favorite?
Now that you mention it, that does seem to be one of the only times we have cake. My most favorite is probably a simple vanilla cake with homemade strawberry buttercreme.

What was the last event you celebrated (other than Xmas/New Years)?
Well, we are having a girls' birthday celebration tonight, since both of my girls have birthdays in the next week. My oldest turns teenager tomorrow and my middle turns 11 on Wednesday.

Family celebrations - tell me about one
Our family celebrations are usually chaos. We have a combined family and 6 kids. So any holiday celebration is a logistical nightmare. We have our celebration then getting the kiddos off to 2 other houses. And that's only if we don't have plans with our families...we currently also have a teeny tiny house, so we can't just do a big gathering at our house and be done with it. So that requires even more planning and work. We've started just saying, we are having the kids at this time on this day, if you want to come and celebrate at some point let us know, because we aren't traveling or doing anything huge. It's a huge contrast to what I was used to growing up where all of our family met at my grandparents for the whole day.