View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 01:38 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
I might (okay I know I am) be overthinking this one
#1. One Little Word : Legacy
You can use this word as/in your title work, within your journaling, or simply let it inspire the direction of your layout.

By definition, Legacy means:
* an amount of money or property left to someone in a will.
(i've never been left anything)

* an applicant to a particular college or university who is regarded preferentially because a parent or other relative attended the same institution.
(my child didn't go to the same college as my husband or myself, nor us to our parents)

* denoting or relating to software or hardware that has been superseded but is difficult to replace because of its wide use.
(I have no idea what this even means! )

How are you all scrapping this challenge, Legacy?
I am not sure what dictionary you used but Mirriam Webster has different definitions of the word. Definition 2 is what I thought the word meant and is what I will be keeping in mind as I scrap my layout.

Legacy

leg·​a·​cy | \ ˈle-gə-sē \
plural legacies
Definition of legacy (Entry 1 of 2)

1: a gift by will especially of money or other personal property : BEQUEST
She left us a legacy of a million dollars.

2: something transmitted by or received from an ancestor or predecessor or from the past
the legacy of the ancient philosophers
The war left a legacy of pain and suffering.

3: a candidate for membership in an organization (such as a school or fraternal order) who is given special status because of a familial relationship to a member
Legacies, or children of alumni, are three times more likely to be accepted to Harvard than other high school graduates with the same (sometimes better) scores …
— Michael Lind