View Single Post
Old 03-18-2021, 09:50 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Tammy -

When you are done using the scanner, you should sell it to me My husband's entire childhood is in slides which we have inherited. I had some of them professionally scanned by someone here in town (that I think is no longer in business) and they are pretty bad - very noisy/bad color/some just scanned improperly. I really need to try to do something with them again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
What do you do with your scanned negatives, slides and photos??

I save my negatives & slides in sleeves in binders. This is probably about 1/3-1/2 of all the negatives & slides we have. There are a lot that haven't been put into the sleeves yet.

A few years ago, I had scanned a ton of old negatives using a negative scanner that I bought on Amazon. It wasn't the cheapest, but not the most expensive, either. It went fairly quickly, and I was able to scan 110 film, 35mm, and Advantix film. I used my flatbed scanner for the medium/large format negatives that I have (those scans are decent).

As I started scrapping with those scans, I noticed that they were TERRIBLE! They are pixelated, have a lot of digital noise, and terrible (basically unfixable) color. Absolutely unscrappable! Serves me right for not checking them on the computer before scanning a butt load. LOL!

Fast forward, and my youngest is into film photography. He has learned how to develop him own film, too. He started using my flatbed scanner. He was not happy with the quality of his scans.
So, he and I bought an older (90s, I think? Maybe early 2000s?) film scanner. This WAS pretty expensive. The scans are night & day! So crisp and clear.

Now I'm getting ready to re-scan all of the old negatives and slides that I thought I was done with. We're talking all of my grandparent's, mom's, hubby's family's and ours starting in the mid-80s. I am very glad I kept them after the first scanning!