View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 11:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Photoshop CC setting question

** Edited ** I found it. It is the auto select at the top of the options menu when you are clicked on a layer. Oh my gosh, I thought I would lose my mind with that! I was using the arrow keys to move everything because I couldn't keep it from changing layers! I want my CS5 back. I don't like this learning curve that comes with CC!

Okay... this has to be something in the settings. I hope someone has an answer for me because I'm going mad.

I usually use PSCS5. Right now I can't find my serial number for it to reinstall it so I am using CC. I noticed this same issue in Elements and never found the setting to fix it there either (I was using Elements at work).

When I am clicked on a layer (say a paper clipped to a photo mat) and I try to move the paper around, it keeps re-selecting layers on its own and moving things I don't want moved. I'm working with a template and I'm in some of the bottom layers trying to move papers around. The top layers of the template keep moving in the process. It has to be a setting as this never happened to me in CS5. It always stayed on the layer I was on until I clicked to another one manually.

Last edited by Sherri Tierney; 08-12-2019 at 11:10 PM.