View Single Post
Old 09-26-2021, 09:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to lorigaud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
I did IF for about 10 months. I stopped right as Covid hit because, well, stress.

When I first started I lost about 10 pounds right away. After that I never lost another ounce. My clothes fit a little better but no more weight came off. I felt better over all, especially because I was drinking a lot of water. I don't tend to drink a lot of water if I'm not fasting. Anyway, I've thought about going back to it, but I just don't know. I WANT to lose weight. IF didn't do it for me. I made dietary changes and was fasting for 20-40 hours between meals. I had less swelling in my knees and ankles (probably the water) and less bloating, but those were the main benefits for me. I'm debating between that, and seeing a doctor for weight loss because I'm sick of my current weight.
Sherri, I LOVE your new avi!

If you haven't checked out Gin Stephens, I'd highly recommend her podcasts - Intermittent Fasting Stories. There are many different approaches to IF, so maybe something different would work better for you. When I lost 20ish pounds last year, I definitely noticed a lot of other health benefits as well.