View Single Post
Old 05-16-2021, 07:12 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyjcaz View Post
I am in the same boat. I have been scanning tons of old photos and I was so frustrated for the same reason you are. I decided to back off on the details. I wanted the process to be fun not daunting and I realized that in the long run an exact date or specific journaling is not as important. Giving myself the liberty to just enjoy the photos and the feelings they create has been liberating! The old pictures are now some of my favorites to just scrap for the pure enjoyment of scrapping! Good luck my friend!
Great advice, Amy!! Thank you, my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalis View Post
So here is my long story short. I have no recollection of Bianca's first 2 years of her life. I had a heart failure after giving birth and stayed in the ICU for weeks after that I was taking some heart meds that didn't allow my brain to create new memories while I was taking them hence I have no memories. I don't have many pics of Bianca when she was a baby because we lost our EHD and backup and the ones I do have I have no idea what they are about. Sometimes I ask hubby about it but I know it pains him to see me go through them and not remembering so sometimes I just write what tugs at my heart when I see them. Sometimes it's beautiful thoughts sometimes it's not, but I scrap it the same.
Oh, Dalis! What a story. I love how you're tackling this period of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyanne View Post
This is me, too! I LOVE scrapping my old childhood photos, and I rarely have any specifics about them. Sometimes I'm even unsure of the year, but I've learned to let that go, too. I have decided to scrap them as a middle-aged woman looking back, and this has freed me to say whatever I want about them. Usually, it's about how they make me feel right now. All I remember really, is feeling happy and loved, and that is what I want my pages to reflect.
I love seeing your childhood photos, Ally!
I'm thankful that my mom scrapped albums of our childhoods. She did it when we were older, but having the photos is so important to me. There is a lot she didn't remember, but I have memories of. At some point, I'm going to scrap what I remember, and add that to the albums.