View Single Post
Old 04-21-2019, 08:15 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
ROFL!! Funny story along those lines...
My husband's parents came to the US from Mexico before he was born. One day we were trying to decide on a place to go for dinner. I was rattling off types of food: Japanese, Italian, etc. He said he thought Mexican food sounded good. I replied that we had Mexican food for lunch, so I didn't think that he would want it for dinner.

He looked at me with a very straight face and said, "Tam, I'm Mexican. I had Mexican food for breakfast, lunch and dinner growing up."

All I could do was laugh!! The thought had never occurred to me that he grew up differently than I had
Hahaha... I really LOL-ed reading this, Tammy!
I grew up on Chinese food, too, back home in Indonesia, but, here in Beijing, the style of cooking are quite different from the Chinese food we have back at home or, in fact, the rest of the world. The worldwide-known Chinese food are mostly coming from Southern China and Hong Kong.
The Northern Chinese food are greasier and saltier. They eat buns and dumplings a lot and add vinegar and soy sauce to lots of things. It was interesting to learn at the beginning, but, not liking vinegar to begin with made it so hard for me haha...