View Single Post
Old 05-16-2015, 10:47 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariewilcox View Post

We have 2 - This one ^^^^^^ is where we moved when we came back to Maine. Cheyanne was raised here until she started 7th grade. It is a gorgeous place to live but once she started Jr. High I wanted her to have a bigger school system (this town's school is K-12 and only has about 200 students TOTAL!) She wanted more opportunities for academics and activities so we moved to the "big" city (about 30,000 population) and rented a place for 1.5 years and then once she picked her high school we bought the place below in a really nice park about 1 mile from her high school exactly a year ago. (My parents and my sister also live in the park, so family is close by). It was affordable and works perfectly for us with 2 big bedrooms, 2 full baths and a living room and kitchen in between (we each have one end of the house to ourselves basically - LOL) There's also a large garage for storage, etc. Once she starts college it will be easy to re-sell or if she goes to one of the universities locally she can get a roommate and live here during college. We go to the first house as often as we can during the school year (school breaks and even weekends - we like to ski there in the winter and hike/do lake stuff in the summer), and we spend the summers there of course. I can't wait to move back there permanently after she's done with high school - 3 more years!

Marie we have a weekend lake home too .... Love it, I'd like to sell both and buy something permenant on the water.