View Single Post
Old 12-28-2022, 06:48 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I lost one of my best friends in a tragic car accident 3 weeks ago and so my word --- yield --- will honor her.

2023 is going to be filled with lots of big changes & events -- my fiance & his children moving in with me & mine and working on being a blended family, my fiance starting a new job, our two oldest starting high school, our wedding & our honeymoon -- and I am an anxiety-riddled control freak, to put it nicely, who spent most of her adult life trying to hold things together and keep things moving. It would be so nice & healthy & mature for me to allow my fiance, as well as others and circumstances in general, to make decisions and to recognize that my choices and my decisions are not always the best (or only) ones.

I don't like the implications of "surrender" which, to me, feels like allowing everyone and everything control. "Yield" feels more like I still retain my autonomy even when I make space for other things. My friend was the one who would have talked me down if I found myself panicking a few months from now over a wedding "crisis" or a blended family issue so since she can't, I am going to try to do it myself in a way.