View Single Post
Old 07-05-2020, 04:35 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm
Angry Now 2020 is officially the worst year ever

First COVID. Then murder hornets. Then Saharan sand storms. Then literally everything else because so much weird stuff has happened this year I've honestly lost track.

Then tonight my 13 year old son and I both narrowly escape death by firework in the most literal way possible. At the very least, SERIOUS injury. I'm not much for shooting off fireworks but my husband likes to so we buy a few every year. The last couple years we've done one of the cheaper and smaller artillery shell types (the pretty display ones, that shoot up in the air) to end the evening. This year was no different. Mid-shot, the thing tips over by itself. Facing me and my son. I'm taking video of the pretty stuff, so I'm not paying attention until my husband starts screaming at me. Balls of fire and explosives and death shooting straight for the two of us. Chaos. Panic. Fear. The only reason I know exactly how close it got to my face is...my field of vision went bright, and I felt the heat on the right side of my face as it flew past. Luckily it didn't get either of us, but we came way too close.

And just so everyone knows, you all know the Fight, Flight, and Freeze thing, but apparently there's a fourth option - Collapse. I was sitting on the porch, so we went scrambling into the house. Well, my son did...my legs decided to literally stop working, so I had to crawl into the door. I tried to stand up twice, but yeah my legs weren't having any of that.

Of course my husband and I both have an incredibly sardonic sense of humor, so once we were assured all was okay my husband said, "Go ask your Sweet Shoppe pals for suggestions on which kit to use to scrapbook your 'The Day I Escaped Death' page." All I have to say is...he's SO very lucky I like him so much.