View Single Post
Old 07-05-2020, 06:26 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Thank you all. We are all okay, not even a scratch on us, other than a little emotional trauma. Our house has an unfortunate scorch mark LOL. If the weather cooperates I'm going to grab a photo of that today to do the scrapbook page - because our 2020 book would just not be complete if this weren't sandwiched right between all the pandemic pages and whatever else is laying in wait for us.

Quote:
And stuff like this is why I cringe every time my hubby says, "Let's but fireworks". My worst fear is setting the neighborhood on fire now I have to worry about setting us on fire too. Glad y'all are safe.
SAME. In fact if it were up to me we wouldn't buy fireworks, but I have tried to loosen up the last several years and let them have some fun because I know I'm usually OVERcautious. After last night my husband says it's pretty much just fountains for us from now on, but we'll see how we feel next year. I know we won't be doing the kind that backfired on us again, we will just enjoy the city's firework display!

Funny/not funny addendum to the story - my online bestie says the same thing happened to her last night, not quite as bad but a stray firework flew under her car and toward her and her mom where they were sheltering away from mosquitoes. I told her I'm going to start building our underground bunker because 2020 is trying to kill us all.

Another funny/not funny. Earlier in our evening, before this big firework mishap even happened, of one those bloom fireworks - the ones that fly up in the air - went AWOL and flew straight at the back of my son's head as he was walking away. It was nuts, it flew dead at the back of his head and freaked us all out. I should have taken that as my omen!