View Single Post
Old 12-23-2020, 10:03 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Since 2013 I've been doing a mix of weekly pocket pages and traditional 12x12 pages. I'm way behind, but I keep plugging along because I like the finished product so much. I finish one year before I move onto the next (so that I can print each year), so I've got most years from 2013 through 2019 done. I should finish the first half of 2019 in the next few days, then I'll move onto the second half. Over the last few years I've made a point of taking fewer but more intentional photos, helped along by the fact that my kids avoid photos so I have to be selective and only request them when they really matter to me. So I'm getting through each recent year faster than the ones before since I am less overwhelmed with the sheer volume of photos.

I think my plan for 2021 is going to be the same as my plan for 2020, at least for the first half of 2021. We're doing so much less than usual, and the big stories affecting us are from the news rather than our own lives. So I'm going to use the handful of "real" photos of family life each month to scrap 12x12 layouts, not pocket style. Then I'm going to do a few pocket-style spreads each month with major news headlines and articles, primarily related to the pandemic and politics.