View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 05:56 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I started this thread thinking I didn't have food rules, but I guess I do!

I'm a pescetarian (vegetarian plus fish), but I'm very picky about fish. No strong tastes, nothing with skin on or that looks like fish. I eat more seafood than actual fish, and even that is only once or twice a month. Some days I can't tolerate fish or seafood--they feel too animal-y. Obviously no beef, poultry, pork, etc.

I HATE drinks with carbonation. No soda, seltzer, or beer. Can't stand any of it! (And none of my kids drink any of them either.)

I'd rather eat my calories than drink them. I drink water, coffee, and hot tea. I like other drinks, but I rarely drink them.

Food safety matters. Everything must be cooked to a safe temperature and handled correctly. I even date packages of foods that spoil quickly once opened and write the date on all leftovers.

Nothing too spicy.

Bananas can not be too ripe. Yellow with some green is fine, any brown is gross and too sweet.

I end up seeming picky because of the vegetarianism and because I try to avoid fried, sugary, or empty-carb foods. But other than that, I'm really not picky, I swear! I'll eat almost anything that doesn't violate my rules above.