View Single Post
Old 09-15-2021, 10:08 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I'm not super picky about foods and I don't think I have too many texture issues either, but we have a lot of food allergies in our house - so that makes things tricky.

Youngest daughter: ana to carrots, and allergic to all pollens which means a lot of fruits she can't eat. Also allergic, but not ana to peanuts and all tree nuts except brazil nuts - ever seen one of those babies on its own? I'm sure if she wanted to eat them I could hunt some down for her that are not mixed in with other nuts....but, why take the risk.

Middle daughter: just tree nuts and peanuts

Hubby: walnuts and some fruit (pollen again) and anything from the nightshade family (tomatoes, peppers, and potatoes) will make his arthritis flare.

So that makes mealtime around here planned out and careful as we avoid carrots (and those babies are hidden in all kinds of foods!!!), tomatoes, potatoes and I make my hubby pick his peppers out because the rest of us love them!

One of hubby's rules: no beef at supper (will give him reflux if he eats it too late) so we eat a lot of chicken or turkey for suppers.