View Single Post
Old 02-27-2020, 07:53 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderella View Post
What a interesting thread! I love reading everyone's approach!

Here's what I do (and please excuse my bad grammar!). I unzip the kit and then arrange all the generic elements: all buttons, flairs, brad, staples etc are in a folder called "buttons", all ribbons, bows, laces, strings, tapes are "ribbons" and so on, until I'm left with the themed elements. I take a look at the papers and the word art, to understand what the designer wanted to create. Then I decide if I want to use a photo or not (most times I don't). Then I go to each folder and select what I want to use (I always end up using 75% of the elements and 1-3 papers). I load them all together (File -> Scripts -> Load files into stack), hide them all but one paper, and then I make visible one layer at a time, starting with the themed elements and the word art. The only problem is that I have to move the layers a lot (they are loaded alphabetically, and paint is above ribbons! Horror!). I must admit that I use a template only when I have to, and this almost random placement speeds up my process. I add a shadow as I go, and at the end I check if everything is shadowed and finally I play with the shadows (this part is the longest!).
I'm going to give this a try!!! Sounds like it would be fun!

**edited**
I gave this a try and it just loaded all the elements one on top of each other in the corner. Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited by Neverland Scraps; 02-27-2020 at 07:57 PM.