View Single Post
Old 05-01-2020, 10:07 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I think a lot of people are in the same position now, in terms of lack of motivation. In January and February I was such a productive scrapper, partly due to the birthday festivities here. (Was that REALLY just a few months ago?) Then starting with early March I felt like all my evenings were getting consumed by news and the emerging situation. Then schools and work closed in mid-March, and I've hardly gotten any scrapping done since. It isn't even being home--I don't mind that. I work part time, and normally I do all my work while the kids are in school. Evenings and weekends I had a good amount of free time to scrap. But now DH works long days from home, so I'm helping with schooling while doing all the cooking and cleaning. (And don't even get me started on meal planning and shopping--between meal planning, online shopping, making a trip to get what wasn't delivered, and then revising the meal plans for what we actually have, meal planning and shopping are taking like 2 full days every other week! It's crazy, but at least we have food!) So evenings and weekends are when I need to get my work done. Technically I could still scrap on the evenings and weekend days I'm not working, but I'm just so mentally exhausted by then that I'm not scrapping much. Hoping this weekend changes that!