View Single Post
Old 02-24-2021, 10:16 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Just wanted to add another vote for Backblaze - they have saved me a couple of times when I've had EHD failures (I too feel like they will fail, all of them - I have had Seagate and WD and both failed eventually).
I currently have a Seagate EHD that's 4T and is really too close to full for my comfort and am thinking soon I'll be adding another EHD. I think I need to look into SSD - I didn't realize EHD were made with them now. That's good to know.
It does take a bit initially to get everything backed up to Backblaze, but once it's there updates don't seem to take too long. I also have a lot of huge raw files that get backed up (I do delete eventually...boy that was hard to learn to do going from photography business to just my stuff but now after a year almost all my raw files are deleted save a few special events). My pictures are also backed up on Google photos (now it's limited for size of files I know, but as it's really the 4th place for me I figure that's fine) and Amazon Photos (they are full size files and its free with prime), so I have all photos now on an EHD, Amazon Photos, Google Photos, and Backblaze. I bet that most digi files could be put on amazon photos (not templates but png files could be)

I hope you are able to get everything recovered - it's the worst when it happens