View Single Post
Old 07-03-2019, 01:13 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
Speedy recovery for you, Tammy!
So far, thankfully, I've got nothing like breaking bones, but I did get really sick with a cold when we went to Singapore last year. I had to take a day of sleep to recover.
Thank you, Sherly! Oh no!
I'm glad you could take the day to sleep & recover, but it's a bummer when you have to do that on a vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
Oh no!! Sending speedy recovery vibes!

As I always say, Grace isn't my middle name... haha... I think my worst fall on vacation was when coming off the plane in Venice Italy, the jet bridge dipped down and back up in like a step... in the US, there would be yellow tape, signs, etc... not there... and bam, knee locks and I face planted. My glasses go flying and I got a good goose egg on my forehead. All I cared about was my glasses - here the first day of our 10 day vacation (and my brother-in-law's wedding)... what would I do if my glasses were broken? I was so lucky - they were bent, but still wearable. I don't know if I should be happy or sad - but no one saw me fall so they didn't believe me (well, except my mom - parents were on this trip, too - and husband who know my inability to walk like a normal person)..
Thank you, Rebecca!!
Oh no!! I'm so glad your glasses were usable, and that you weren't hurt worse. That would have been terrible! Your last line made me laugh!! I have that inability as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a84martin View Post
Oh no that is terrible! Here's to fast healing!
I don't have one of myself, but last year my mother had my twins for a summer vacation, they took a road trip from Oklahoma out to Arizona and back.
On the last day she was supposed to have them, she took them roller skating. Long story short she fell and broke both her wrists, 1 week before my family was going on vacation to Florida. So I had to leave my best friend's engagement party, drive down to Oklahoma, take care of my mom, get her situated, drive 10 hours home with my kids on Thursday, went to work Friday, after work we packed the car and drove down to Florida. (I tried cancelling our vacation to take care of my mom, but she was having none of it.)Whew. It is exhausting just typing it!
Thank you!
Oh no, your poor mom!! That would be awful!!
When I was in my early teens, I was riding a bike with a kid on the handlebars...his foot got stuck in the spokes, the bike went wheel over handlebars!! His foot was fine, just a little scuffed, but both my left forearm, and right elbow were fractured!! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingbec View Post
Oh no! What a bummer that you can't even do tons of scrapbooking while you recuperate!

Hmm, the only "bad luck" vacation stories I have are things that happened after the planning but before the actual vacation. We had a big trip planned to Cabo San Lucas for a friend's wedding (we were stationed in Japan at the time) and my DH ended up getting deployed and not being able to go. I made a "Flat David" to take along and we all had a blast posing for pictures with him, burying him in the sand, etc. I even made him a paper-doll-style shirt and tie to wear to the wedding, hahahaha.
And during another deployment, we decided to plan a trip to Disneyland Paris a few months after he got back. When vacation time came, I was pregnant with our "reunion baby" (born 40 weeks and 4 days after his return, lol) and got turned away from the line for most rides.
I'm sure going to give scrapping my best effort!! At least I've taught myself to use my mouse left-handed fairly proficiently.

LOL!! I love your "Flat David" idea!! Too cut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icindi View Post
Tammy, I fell in my house. No exciting story. Sigh. But at least I can scrap while I'm down. I fear that won't work well for you with a broken right wrist!! Did they cast it? I think you'll get some relief from the pain once you get a cast.
Oh Cindi!! You'll have to make up a good story. I'm going to try to scrap once I'm home...I don't like scrapping on my laptop at the best of times.