View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 10:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hi guys!!

I'm new to homeschooling this year and to say I'm ready for the end of the year is being nice!!
We basically moved twice in our first year and so we are "behind" in our school and I think that is part of it for me. 20 days behind in a program that does 170 days. We are currently doing the A Bekka video program but I'm not sure what we will do next year. Definitely not the videos for my now 2nd grader as he just listens and doesn't learn (basically tunes out or spaces out for most of it). My now 5th grader though goes through a lot of information and such and I am not sure I can keep up with "teaching" two kiddos especially if they are feeling lazy. So I might stick with the videos for my oldest.

So my question is....for older kiddos (6th grade and up)...what have you done? What are you doing? Do you feel like they are getting enough?

And secondly, ugh...please tell me this gets better!!

I've been off-line for months now trying to focus on other things (unpacking, settling, homeschooling) and I feel like I'm so out of it everywhere...especially here at SSD.