View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 12:14 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have her first book (http://www.amazon.com/Hungry-Girl-Su...3791052&sr=8-4), and to be honest, I rarely use it.
It's not that the recipes aren't amazing, because they are, but it's that a few of them are impractical for my budget and lifestyle. I can't see myself shelling out the money it costs to buy Tofu Shirataki noodles for Alfredo, when I can buy whole wheat pasta SO much cheaper.

There ARE a lot of good recipes, though, mostly in the dessert section, that use Pumpkin, and I feel like it's a worthwhile cookbook for me if I stick to the recipes with "normal" ingredients. But for me, to get some of the ingredients in her cookbook, it means a 45 minute drive, so it never turned out to be worth it to me in the end. We did try her Fiber One Chicken Strips, and those were very good, so I feel like SOME of her recipes are great. I just think it's hit or miss.

And, you have to really understand her philosophy of weight loss for it to work for you. But, nice thing is, WW points are posted online if you're a WW girl.

I have friends who live by Hungry Girl, and I have friends who hate Hungry Girl. Personally, I fall somewhere in the middle- I think some are good, some are bad, and it's a matter of personal preference. I just don't want to tell you the books are worth it, when honestly, I found plenty of excellent recipes on her website and I use it WAY more than I ever use the cookbook.

New Siggy Coming Soon