View Single Post
Old 02-11-2015, 03:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I really love the stories I read about families that are SO turned on by educating themselves that they can follow the 'unschooling' path. We are just way too American culture over here. I haven't done enough homeschooling in the past for learning to be a lifestyle. My kids are the typical over-entertained kids. Left on their own they will do nothing but watch tv, play video games and play on their laptops.

One thing I'm reallllllly wishing to get out of the next couple years is to see Eden become interested enough in something that she decides to learn more about it on her own. Right now school work is something she wants to get out of the way with so she can go back to doing 'fun stuff.'

I'm thinking it CAN'T be too late for her to grow into this, she's only 12, but I don't know how to get from where we are now to the vision I have in my head.

Boy, I'm so spoiled by Michigan. We don't have any rules here at all aside from the subjects we are supposed to cover. No one is checking on you or anything. We only have to state that we are homeschooling for religious or other reasons.