Thread: Feeding babies
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 03:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Cheyanne was an anomaly for me - she hated all of the cereals and jarred baby foods. She was born at 30 weeks and I wanted to be careful about what I fed her, etc. etc. because she was just so small, but at 6 months she was ready for more than the disgusting special preemie formula that I had to add to my milk along with iron drops (the stuff smelled so nasty that I didn't blame her!).

By the time she was 9 months she weaned herself from the bottle - just chucked it in the trashcan one day with an emphatic NO! From that point on she started drinking whole milk and eating whatever we ate. Seriously, the kid was eating garlic dill pickles at 9 months!

So we just gave her whatever we were eating (and vegetarian at that). Her pediatrician was very supportive. At 9 months she started eating vegetable stir fry with everything from pea pods to bamboo shoots to broccoli, quinoa, any and all vegetables, beans, pastas, etc. cut or smashed appropriately for her age (and she didn't even get her 1st tooth until she was 12 months old). To this day the kid will eat just about anything except for black olives and mushrooms.

Okay, sorry that was so long