View Single Post
Old 01-29-2021, 12:23 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I tried it 4.5 years ago. I only lasted 6 weeks. At the time I was diagnosed with tinnitus and one way to soften the sounds in my head is to have noise in the house 24/7. The radio at night didn't work because that was my alarm in the morning so it needed to be loud and that loud at night just kept me awake. So I turned to the TV at a lower sound level. Just enough that there was sound but not enough to make me want to watch. I tried streaming but after a couple of hours it would quit and ask me if I wanted to keep watching. Cable doesn't do that!

The "local" channels are not even local for me so I still had to keep a cable subscription so I could get those local channels (2-13 for me) which the cable provider calls their cord cutter special. I have it through a local company that started as a telephone company in the late 1800's then added internet in the mid 1990's and cable not long after. So everything is through one company and because I bundle it is a lot cheaper.

Like someone else said with so many services popping up, I'd have to subscribe to so many different ones to get what I have with my cable service that it would probably end up costing me more. My internet cost would definitely go up since it is in a bundle with the cable.

So consider me a dinosaur. I still like cable.