View Single Post
Old 01-30-2021, 07:46 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

We have been cable-less I want to say for 5 + years. Do we miss it? No way! Last year I was visiting somewhere and we watched a tv show. I couldn't believe the amount of time I spent watching commercials rather than the actual tv show! Not having cable really makes you forget about the "wasted" time of watching commercials.

We do have streaming services and are in the process of figuring out which ones we are going to do away with. However currently we have Amazon Prime (comes with our membership), Netflix (got rid of The Office and now we never use it), Hulu, HBO Max (it's a Christmas present to the girls so they can watch Doctor Who) and Disney Plus. Of the ones mentioned above, I believe in the next few months we will be getting rid of all but Amazon Prime.

The hardest thing for the man of the house to give up was his sports. However after the first season of not watching sports, he enjoyed the savings from not having cable. The kids were sad to give up cartoons, but they were quickly replaced with other things in one of the many other streaming services. Me, I miss the Hallmark channel and all the cooking shows, but really do I need to watch them?