View Single Post
Old 01-30-2021, 07:53 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree City View Post
One worry we had, and I see here in the thread, is how much "just" internet would cost. We now pay $40 per month for our internet (granted, we did get a $10/m discount for signing up for autopay). We have the same speed as we had prior to cutting the cord--which cost us $138/m for both internet and TV. Our speed is 100mps.

Okay random question: when you were a kid, did you have any idea how many channels, let alone streaming services, we'd have now?! I still remember watching The X-Files on my parents big wood-encased TV and having to change the channel via cranking the dial.
When you have cable tv, you play a LOT of extras when it comes to taxes, surcharges, fees, etc. When you are only paying for internet, you only get charged state taxes which help lower your price.

Our internet is $165 a month (Comcast), but that comes with unlimited bandwidth because we are always over the limit and didn't want to get charged $10 per mb over. It also includes a landline. If I were to remove the landline, our bill goes up to $175 a month. Internet is expensive where I live - I wish it were a lot cheaper. However if I were to get cable tv with our internet/phone, it would be almost $250 for the first year and then after that who knows what Comcast would gouge us with!