View Single Post
Old 02-24-2020, 12:50 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

1. Each of my books is 100 pages (or 104...project life). I feel like this is a manageable size & a "good-looking" thickness on the bookshelf. Plus, 100 seems like a decent number to aim for & a good accomplishment to celebrate by printing a book! I'm (still!!) working on a book of Disneyland pages and that will probably be closer to 140 pages...hoping it doesn't make much of a difference to the spine-size.

2. For my PL book, where things always go really close to the edge, I open a new canvas that's 13" square and then duplicate all of the layers from my layout and plop them in the center. I like the way these turn out. I always forget to do this process for regular pages & the white edges in the "regular pages" book aren't always a consistent width, but I don't think I've lost anything too noticeable.

3. I decided not to care & my pages aren't chronological at all. Many- but not all- kind of have similar color or at least "feel" on facing pages. If I have, say, 6 pages from a vacation, I'll put those consecutively. Otherwise, I don't mind if my son is 2 years old on one page and 8 on the next. (I also think it's easier to make sure pages are close to "evenly distributed" between kids this way.)