View Single Post
Old 02-22-2016, 02:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Anyone interested in the telephone game?

Way back in the olden days, when we chiseled our scrapbook pages on stone tablets, Trish & I were involved in a digital scrapbooking board on a parenting site. On that board, we used to play the telephone game with scrapbook pages.

Remember the telephone game? When you whisper something into the ear of the person next to you, and it goes around the group and at the end it's amusing to hear how the message has changed? Well, the scrapbooking telephone game is similar. We start with a list of people (I'd probably limit it to 10 people, we can have more than one game going at a time if we want), and the first person (so...me, in this case) sends a layout via PM to the next person on the list. That person lifts the layout, and sends their layout to the next person on the list and the original person (so...me, in thise case). Each person has 2-3 days to complete their layout or pass it on to the next person on the list (if you don't get one done), and then at the end of the month, I reveal the pages in the order that they transformed.

Does that make ANY sense at all when I explain it? Sometimes I get too wordy. But it was always such a fun game and so funny to see how the pages all end up looking pretty different by the end. Trish can clarify if I missed any points.

So...if anyone wants to play in March, let me know if you're interested! And I can get a list (or however many lists we need) going to start on March 1.

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda