Thread: QOTD: 07/08
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 11:44 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys View Post
My memory is pretty good (but that may just seem that way because everyone around me seems to have no memory) lol. In all seriousness though, I do forget small tasks sometimes, but in the big scheme of things, my memory is like that of an elephant..... I forget nothing! It's great for some things (like my journaling for instance), but horrible for others (theres plenty that I wish I could forget just so I can move on with my life and be happy, however my mind will randomly replay every bad thing, sad thing, mean thing.... basically all the negatives of life even when I am having a great time and not even thinking about those times they just appear and it knocks me down so hard..... I manage to deal with it, but I would seriously love a device that could erase certain things that really don't matter to make room for better things.
Jenn - that really does sound like the ying and yang of memory, playback and memory of all, good and bad. Hope you have developed some good deflection tools for getting your mind off the negative things. I practive controlled breathing techniques when feeling overwhelmed and it does help me.