View Single Post
Old 04-05-2020, 08:55 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

I have been away for a bit, but in all this turmoil, I REALLY needed an outlet for everything that's been going on. I rarely document much about my work, or current events... I'm busy enough and never really find the time, or the inclination. But now, what I do as a healthcare professional has been thrust in the spotlight, and here we are. I have quite a few more in different stages of coming along. Some about work. Some about going to work and then coming home to pretend to be a teacher to 2 small kids. Some about trying to sob in peace until I find inspiration to get up and go to work again. Bear with me! But here are my 2 first ones

and this one, about the lack of proper PPE.

As a quick PSA, if you happen to have ANY PPE (surgical masks, N95s, surgical gowns, gloves, visors... ) Please, please PLEASE consider donating it to your local health department/hospital/doctor. We are all facing very, very, VERY frightening shortages, which will mean, in very plain terms, that doctors, nurses, and other healthcare providers will have to chose between caring for patients and caring for themselves by foregoing treating patients. Some are already there. Don't stop to think.. "It's only 2 masks, it's not enough to make a difference"... to the person receiving those 2 masks, it might be the difference between going home to their family or never going home at all.