View Single Post
Old 12-30-2019, 08:35 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

What was your Xmas morning like yrs ago compared to now?
Man, Christmas morning was such a big deal growing up; I've tried to recreate it for my kids, but it lacks the anticipation and magic of my childhood.
Did you have a Xmas stocking yrs ago and do you have one now? Yes. I have a stocking at my mom's house but not at my own (which is thousands of miles away).
What was a Xmas movie or book you remember from your earlier years and was there a fave from this year? This year I read The Best Christmas Pageant Ever to my kids, and we loved it so much. I remember watching The animated Rudolph every Christmas as a kid; we normally watch it, but no one was interested this year (myself included).
Was your holiday celebration a big event with lots of family/friends when you were young and what was it like this year? Yes! We went to my dad's parents' house for Christmas Eve lunch with his family, to a family friend's house for Christmas Eve, opened presents as a family Christmas morning and went to my mom's parents' house for Christmas lunch. This year we opened presents at our house Christmas morning and had lunch at a friend's that afternoon. For me, it's not very special because we're in shorts, but my kids have grown up in the land of eternal summer, so maybe they just feel like this is normal.