View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 10:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lingovise View Post
Helloooooooo Sweet Readers!! So. What titles have been keeping you up late and into the wee hours of the morning? Which is a bit of a figure of speech for me these days, as I struggle to read at night without falling asleep! Are you having good luck with book selections? Or have you hit some duds? I snagged two books in February that, try as I might, I just couldn't stay interested in : The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson & The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi. Both were quite good... but neither seemed to hold my attention. Perhaps I'll try again later. It is frustrating however, as the combined reading I did on both of those equaled 400+ pages and could've been another title finished. A bit of a bummer. Although, I did read 24 books in February, so not too shabby.

Q is for Quarry : 4 stars
R is for Ricochet : 4 stars
S is for Silence : 4 stars
T is for Trespass : 3 stars
Yes Please : 3 stars
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children : 3 stars
A Knife in the Fog : 4 stars
A Study in Charlotte : 3 stars
Coraline : 4 stars
Stardust : 5 stars
A Curious Beginning : 3 stars
Sometimes I Lie : 3 stars
The Library Book : 5 stars
Murder on the Orient Express : 4 stars
U is for Undertow : 4 stars
V is for Vengeance : 4 stars
In an Absent Dream : 3 stars
One for the Money : 3 stars
The Radium Girls: The Dark Story of America's Shining Women : 4.5 stars

My favorite titles were Stardust, Radium Girls [although it's terribly sad & as a result, it took me nearly a week to get through] and most of all The Library Book! It's a bit dry and wanders back and forth between the past and present and back again, but the language, subject matter and vocabulary seriously had my heart singing - so gooooood. I also greatly enjoyed Coraline, but must admit [for what might be the first time ever] that I actually loved the movie even more!
omg how did you read 24 books???? It takes me days to read just 1, lol! And a week for a full novel.

Anyway, I've mostly been into self-improvement and business books because I'm so fired up about my new business, but I did re-read a favorite novel. This is what I've read since January.