View Single Post
Old 05-08-2020, 09:33 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
Thanks guys. I'm really proud of him. Today was his unofficial last day of Digital Learning. There's no more mandatory online lessons or classroom meets. Everything is optional between now and the official last day (May 21). So tomorrow starts our shortened day of just the curriculum that I bought for him to learn to read/write/spell and if we keep up at this pace, we should be done those books by the last week of May!! Then it's just daily reading all throughout summer.

He's been such a trooper, reading to my mom, the girls and even the pets!! I love hearing him read. He says he hates reading, but he's doing SO well!!

Tomorrow I'll have him read all of your comments to keep that encouragement up for him!
He says he hates reading but that's because it's still work for him. Once it gets easier he might really enjoy reading comic books or small chapter books by himself.

I remember when I first started knowing how to read I had to read EVERY word I could come across. Especially the milk carton sitting on the table every morning it would drive me a bit nuts. I still remember it to this day. "lait UHT demi-écrémé UHT 1 litre" haha that's crazy. I guess repetition is key!