View Single Post
Old 09-23-2023, 11:54 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

This is also a daily struggle for me. I've been trying to figure out ways to help me with this. I've used My Fitness Pal since about 2017, and it works for me, but I usually fall off the wagon, mainly due to the holidays. Last summer I had lost 15 pounds, but when late October rolled around, the weight loss stopped. It was due to celebrating birthdays (DS', DH's and my birthdays fall within a 30-day period starting around Halloween), Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Then I just couldn't get back to it, because I was used to my old ways of eating a bunch sweets and chips, eating what I want. I know that I need to start exercising -- at least walking. I know that will help me for numerous reasons. I've only gained back 4 pounds, which is really good for me considering what I've eaten this past year. Amie has a plan that could work for me -- keeping track of sugar. However, I know I will have sugar cravings, and I have to satisfy them; otherwise I eat everything in sight until that craving is satisfied.

Evelyn, you are in my prayers!