View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 03:54 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Hang in there Melissa, patience is key when working with the VA, as you have already learned. I think it's awful that our husbands who have served our country, and who many have gone on war deployments many o' times as well, have to fight for what is theirs! I was so frustrated during the process.... I just kept saying to myself over and over "he comes back from war in this mess of a state, and THIS is how you treat him? He is so physically messed up, all from serving this country, and THIS is how you treat him?!" ... I was so frustrated and mad..... mad I tell ya! I never imagined that my husband could deploy to war so many times, over and over, and be treated like this in the end. I was mad at the Marine Corps and I was mad at the VA .... not even sure why I was mad at the Corps, it wasn't their fault, LOL! I was just mad at the world I guess for my husband not being treated right.

However, I will say, that the VA did send him a very long letter apologizing to him for being treated the way he had and in the end, they made everything right.