Thread: Foreign travel
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 12:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I live in Northern IN - nothing ever really happens. We get our boys' hair cut at the same beauty college every couple of weeks. It's in a really nice part of town near our home.

With all of that said, on Monday - an instructor at the school showed up that evening at the college, shot a woman that was a student that he had a relationship with previously. She no longer wanted anything with him. Another woman was hit with a stray bullet. He then killed himself. There were patrons and students in the whole building. Both women survived, thankfully.

The shooter had cut our son's hair before. He had talked and joked with my husband.

This could have happened when we were there but it didn't thank God Almighty a million times over.

I say that to say - terrible things can happen ANYWHERE even places where nothing happens. So don't worry so much, if you are someone who prays - pray over your children, trust that they will be safe and surrounded by angels their entire trip

* edited to say that my post sounds kind of dismal but it was meant to say there are never any guarantees when it comes to people, but that we can't live in fear - and the news never helps when it comes to that!