View Single Post
Old 04-22-2020, 11:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm not so much tired of cooking, because I really do love it, its a "happy place" for me, BUT the part that's exhausting is planning and using only what's here.
The first couple of weeks it wasn't so bad...but now that I'm home all day everyday, I'm over it. That part takes the fun out of it for me. I was so over it yesterday when the frozen food delivery guy was across the street around lunch time, I sent the kids over to get a catalog and we placed our first order (we got frozen pizzas and chicken patties, of course some Ice Cream).

So, what I have done to try to mix it up is to have my kids go through the cookbook collection and find something they want to try; then they can help make it. My girls can do a lot of it themselves, my son needs a little more help. We call it "home ec" day.

These are some of the things have tried a few new recipes:

Pioneer Woman's Hawaiian Burgers
Homemade Pizzas using this crust
Cajun shrimp & Rice (I used a bit less on the cayenne)
White Chicken Enchiladas

Smoked Wild turkey breast, instead of the BBQ it called for, I seasoned it with a Beer Can Chicken mix that I found at the store (the recipe came out of MeatEater Wild Game Cookbook) - my oldest step son (11) went hunting with Dad on Friday and shot his first turkey and I had never made a wild turkey before.

Tonight I'm making:
Food Court Bourbon Chicken
Veggie Lo Mein
Pork Pot stickers

Still on our list:
Flavored Tortillas
Bagels
Tamales
Pasta