View Single Post
Old 03-28-2021, 04:29 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
Sheri, is tagging a kit Mac specific? I wonder if we can do that directly with a PC.

I don't use any other programs but if I'm looking for a kit with a rainbow I just search "rainbow" in my scrap folder with File Explorer and if the rainbow is named rainbow I can find it as easily.
Lea, adding metadata to a file can be done easily on a PC. I do it by right-clicking > Properties > choose the tab Details. Under Details there is the TAGS spot, where you can write your tags. I use the Windows SEARCH bar by writing "Tag: [the tag I want to search for]." So if I want to find birthday kits, I go to my Previews folder (I only tag the PREVIEW because it saves time) and I write:
Tag: birthday

For you, you'd probably have a "rainbow" tag. I have a "weather" tag, so if I wanted to find a rainbow, I'd probably search "Tag: weather" to see if there were any weather kits with a rainbow. I try to make my tags rather general, but some people have loads of tags.

The great thing about writing to the metadata is that it is "transferable" to other computers or even to a Mac because the info is associated with the FILE, not with a program (it's an issue with ACDSee or Lightroom). This Howtogeek article has loads of info.

(Note: You can tag JPGs but not PNGs.)