View Single Post
Old 04-06-2021, 12:48 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

I actually use Elements Organizer for all of my kits. I'm like Cheryl I LOVE to organize.

Basically, my hubby is in IT and we have a server, so everything is stored by designer on the server - meaning it's all somewhere safe.

Adding them to Organizer means I can keyword tag everything because I am a kit mixer. It's labour intensive, BUT for me, it works.

As a project manager and a time management trainer, I always advise people to find something that works for them. Trying something that someone else does can lead to frustration.

I don't upload psd's - only the previews of templates, meaning I can browse template images when considering how to make a layout.

I am on a PC and I think on Macs there are definitely easier systems to use.

When I started scrapping a year ago I read a LOT about organizing and where I have landed is a hybrid of the many things I saw that I liked, but I wanted a similar system to the one I have for all my cardmaking stamp sets. I LOVE to keyword search. It cuts down the time for me and leaves more time for crafty stuffs. So for example if a challenge has 'use hearts' I just select SSD + Hearts tags and voila! all my available SSD hearts pop up - this SO works for me. And this is identical to the system I use for my cardmaking stamps - that I store on Google Docs - I have a folder and I add the stamp set image and add the keywords, so I can search for 'sunshine' or whatever at a later date.

Last edited by ClaireG; 04-06-2021 at 12:54 AM.